Friday, July 18, 2008

What happened to my ticker baby, dammit!

Update - but not the kind you, I mean we, are hoping for...
Went to the midwife yesterday and my cervix is still high and closed, so much that she was unable to sweep the membranes. So, no natural induction for now. We have an ultrasound and appt. on Monday for a second try and to check fluid levels.

Believe it or not, we are not yet at the stage where we are considering induction. I have no interest in Pit*cin, so I'll put it off as long as possible. Pit can really lead a pregnancy to an ugly place. In fact, I don't even want to use castor oil - but will if it comes down to that. So for now, lots of walking, squats and nipple stim.

Stay tuned...


7 comments:

Melody said...

I don't blame you for not wanting the Pit. I'd avoid it too. I'm over here yelling olly olly oxin free to your baby.

twomomsarebetterthanone said...

i don't blame you for not wanting pit, but as someone who HAD to have it 17 hours after my water broke, i can tell you it's still possible to have a natural birth. sure the IV and the constant monitoring was a drag (and so hope that next time i won't need pit and thus all the monitoring), but with lots of support from our doula, we were still able to have the birth we wanted, tub and all (wireless / waterproof monitoring exists were you're having the wee one)! but here's hoping you won't need it!!!!

Heather said...

wait...your going to drink oil??? that don't sound like it would taste too good!!

I'm thinking that its a girl, she wants to have a dramatic entrance and make everyone wait for her to come...she's on her own time now!

Liz said...

out here checking this page on a daily basis for the big announcement...lots of love to you ladies (plus one tbd)!

Candice said...

Feeling your pain...but I'm going the induction route!

shawn said...

right on! either the baby will come or you'll know when it's time to make a decision. either way, it's gonna be SOON!!! :) hang in there!

Co said...

I also found out we couldn't sweep the membranes cuz I was totally closed. Six days later, my water broke. It could totally be just around the corner for you.

And I don't blame you about the pit. I took castor oil b/c my water broke and I didn't go into labor. I did acupuncture and it still didn't happen. About 14 hours before the pitocin induction, I sucked it up and took two doses of castor oil and got to labor completely at home until the pushing stage. So, yeah, don't do castor oil unless you need to, but if you do need to and want to labor at home, it can be good stuff.

Take care. So excited for you both.