Monday, May 10, 2010

Did you know that....

...it is our FOUR YEAR bloggiversary? I really didn't imagine we would be still blogging, after blogging through the painfully long conception of Theo, S. being pregnant, Theo's birth and babyhood, and now my nascent pregnancy. Crazy, no? There are some blogs I've been following from the beginning, and some I've just found, and others who have sadly just disappeared from the blog world after enduring too much pain. I ache for those friends we started with whose journey did not end up the way they wanted or expected.

On Saturday, we attended a huge picnic to celebrate our hospital's 20-year IVF program. There were nearly 300 IVF-conceived kids there. We got to see our doctors and nurses again, get a free lunch, and free admission to the city museums. It was really wonderful and--amazing--to see how many people's journeys happily ended in family. What was surprising, though, was that there were hardly any other lesbian couples there--we only saw a few. But I know many of them use our doctor for IUIs and are lucky enough to stop there. It made us a little teary-eyed and oh-so grateful for our little lovey.


3 comments:

nutella said...

Goodness, 4 years! I think I've been readign along from nearly the beginning. What a long way we've all come. The picnic sounds great.

Tessa said...

Okay, I know this is totally weird, but I have been trolling your blog for a few weeks now and I just love it! (you can ask me to leave if you want, I don't wanna be too nosey). I just had to tell you congrats and that you really do have the cutest little boy!

My santa ana said...

Nice blog! Keep on making blogs!

Santa Ana Cagayan