Heard the racing heartbeat at 150bpm. I have really begun to anticipate that sound and it's so reassuring to hear it. Had our appt. with a different midwife (there's 6 total) and actually had the chance to meet two others. It's important to know them all - you never know who'll be catching the baby!!
The big ultrasound is next week. We actually asked the midwife to weigh-in on the daily ongoing discussion in our household - and now it's your turn. To find out? Or to not find out? She actually suggested waiting, because the moment of the birth is so overwhelming and emotional and not knowing just adds to it. Here are our thoughts on both viewpoints:
- our nursery decor will not be changed by the sex of our baby - we're just not into 'themes'
- it might be special for C. to be able to announce the sex at birth
- the anticipation might help me get through labor a bit
- we both hate baby pink and baby blue and don't want to be inundated by clothes etc. as gifts
- we sometimes see things that we want to buy for baby girls and baby boys
- the NAME GAME, which has begun...girl list is l-o-n-g and the boy list has 1. We could focus our efforts here
- another option...find out and keep it a secret!