Sunday, August 13, 2006

One matching baby, please!

This weekend we did some shopping, which we are very good at. We bought this adorable rug on sale at the Bon-Ton, which is a kind of weird store, but when they have good sales, you can get great stuff. And since we have an entire home to furnish, we like home sales. So this rug is a little lion's head, and it's soft and little and round, and we placed it in our potential nursery where a potential crib may go. Mind you, this is literally the only thing in the room--one lion rug. It's like we've set this room aside already for baby stuff and nothing can be stored in it. The drawers are empty (and there are a lot of them, built in). Nothing is on the wall. No bedding is there. It's just like--waiting. So, I'd really like a baby to match with my room, please, because I don't feel like buying anymore furniture unless it's a crib. Or anymore towels unless they're little and soft. Or anymore clothes unless they only fit on my right foot. (Okay, I could use some new school clothes.) It's funny what your mind does ahead of your body--we clearly have no child yet to put in the room, but we are just so sure that one day, soon, there will be a tiny warm body to put in there that we just want to put it aside-just in case!

And in a shameless plug, I started another blog where we'll be talking about house stuff only--it's not really appropriate to write about it here (unless it's about the phantom nursery), plus I do a lot of really stupid stuff that could potentially be very amusing. So, check it out here!

3 comments:

beans said...

Hey-
The partner and I have a whole bin of clothing and other misc. items for our "potential" baby. We thought it was great, but now I am not so sure there will BE a baby . . .

I know what it is like though to just be -waiting. I hope it works out for you both. Sounds like you would be great moms.

Estelle said...

Hopefully you get that matching baby very soon!
Charlie has such a cute little room... that he's never slept in. I should have made it an office.

Estelle said...

Hopefully you get that matching baby very soon!
Charlie has such a cute little room... that he's never slept in. I should have made it an office.