Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Sperminator

Well, today was the day. After grappling with whether we should do it last night, this morning, skip work and do it today, or just this afternoon, we decided we would each go to school for the day and meet back home at 3:00. I had to skip my faculty meeting for this and I think S. missed dismissal. Hope I'm not in trouble!

Anyway, I actually SAW the cervix this time. I took the liberty of looking at it while S. was at the baby factory, so I knew what it should look like and then voila! There it was. It was like magic and it just popped right into view. So, hopefully I coated it well with the swimmers and the rest of them have found their way up into the uterus okay.

I'm relieved it's over. It'll be super-sweet if this works. If it doesn't, I think we'll both be happy to be doing the next cycle at the doctor's office. The stress of when to do the insem. was killing us all yesterday and today. We're terrible at making decisions and sticking with them, and when you're making a $500 (or lifetime, depending on how you look at it) decision like this, it makes you ridiculously stressed and anxious--which we all know is no good for babymaking. So!! Hats off, sperm tank--I won't be sad to never see you again. May you be a remnant of our past lives and endeavours, something to laugh and reminisce over--but never, ever be in our bedroom, again!

2 comments:

Eryn said...

I hope this is it for you.

I know what you mean - stress of at home insems. All of ours previous to the last were at home. We wanted to be 'normal' and try at home, low intervention, etc. It was so stressful. We almost couldn't open the tank the first time!

Having an IUI in my midwive's office is way more relaxing, and she can confirm ovulation better than us.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!! sounds like everything went really well.