Monday, January 28, 2008

Axx Masters

We are the axx-masters of the universe. We are nearly completely done with buying cloth diapers, except for a few odds and ends. Thank you, Craigslist! And what is it about cloth-diapering mamas? They are so overly-friendly, ready to give you advice about diapering and other baby-related things at the drop of the hat, and are so genuinely happy for your pregnant. It's wonderful! The last mom we purchased diapers from mentioned a great website, Diaper Swappers. Just thought other trolling moms would like to know!

I went to the gym today, after waking up sore from cleaning the house top to bottom. I thought that seemed a bit pathetic and took it as a sign that I was so far past out-of-shape that I ought to hop on the treadmill immediately. It was torturous, and now I'm even more sore, but I feel better.

In other news..since my high school is filled with gossipmongers, everyone knows that S. is pregnant. Most have never met her, since I rarely attend school events, but they do know that I'm pregnant but not pregnant. That's totally fine. What I'm not fine with is when people start gossiping about my other pregnant lesbian English teacher friend when she's only 7 weeks pregnant. NOT cool, especially when she hasn't chosen to openly tell many people. Someone's blabbing...So how do you break it to high schoolers that you're having a baby, but not? I feel it might be unfair if I come back in the fall and suddenly say, "I had a baby over the summer, guys! Wanna see a pic of my new kid?" and them be all confused because, hey, I had her last year and she didn't look like she had gained that much weight...I'm sure the right moment will present itself. It usually does. And if not, you just make one.

12 comments:

Lo said...

Telling my 12 year olds was a lot easier than I thought it would be. They asked if I was pregnant and took it in stride when I said, no, my partner is.

Anonymous said...

Heh - "ass-masters of the universe". That sounds like twisted cross between a kids TV show and a fetish club!

Unknown said...

Nice job with the diapers!!

Lo said...

P.S. ass-masters. ha ha ha ha ha. (I get the reference, and also, as I said, I work with 12 year olds....)

CD and SP said...

Yeah, I was kind of thinking of He-Man, Master of the Universe when I titled that one.

Unknown said...

Yep, I would maybe say, no but my partner is. That is if you feel comfortable saying that?

Renee said...

Holy Shiz, I know you! It's Renee from MHC. Check me out at Baba Reens.

Anonymous said...

I think "ass masters" was on a Seinfeld episode...anyone? anyone?

Anonymous said...

kudos on diaps. i feel totally ignorant about the great world of cloth d's. hopefully i have many questions for you fabulous parents-to-be soon.

good luck with the students. you'll know when/how it's right.

ox

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I teach high schoolers but I had it a bit easier because I was the one pregnant. I didn't tell them though, I let them ask me if I was pregnant. They thought that was evil because they suspected earlier but didn't ask until I was pretty big because they didn't want to be rude.

A few of them have been brave enough to ask..."h-ow..?" I just say "Have you heard about Artificial Insemination" and hope they don't want too many details. They usually don't.

Lo said...

A, it comes from a Margaret Cho routine. (or at least that is the reference to ass-master I always have in mind when I use it ;-)

ALP1882 said...

Nice job on scoring those diapers, and much kudos on the title...glad I'm not the only one who appreciates a good ass joke. :-)