Friday, August 25, 2006

We're off to see the cervix...

Looks like we're a go for cervix gazing--all of our props have arrived, including the fertility monitor. I'm hoping to get a look at S.'s cervix before AF comes to be familiar with the before, during, after positions.

In the meantime, S. got a job (hooray!) in 1st grade, just a few minutes down the street, while I am feeling drained and pooped already from my new job, which I've only been at for 3 days. There are rainbow "safe space" stickers everywhere you look on classroom doors in this school--it's really refreshing to see. And in a sexual harassment mini-course we took, the health educator actually refers to name-calling like "gay," "homo," "fag," or "dyke" as sexual harassment. I love it!

4 comments:

Estelle said...

I don't think gay is really name calling...
What grade? I did second up until last year when I just needed a break from it. I loved it, but...
As for fresh or frozen, do you have a choice? If you do, fresh all the way. It lives longer, you get way much more, and there is more semen as well. But if frozen is all you've got, it still works. Just don't buy from The Sperm Bank That Shall Not Be Named... email me for the name.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and wanted to wish you luck! The process is certainly painful but you'll miss it when it's all said and done. I guess it may be easy to say having had our baby already but I do think about the ttc process fondly, the things you worry about are certainly very different. We'll venture down the path again next year though so will certainly be back on the roller coaster!

Anonymous said...

so fun! our props have arrived as well (it feels like sexy xmas!).

i taught 1st grade 2 years ago and loved it! this year i'm teaching 3rd (in 9 days!) and i'm really excited. wow, you are so lucky to work in a school with even ONE 'safe space' sticker. that is really, really cool!

good luck finding the cervix!!! i want to know how it turns out, ok!

CD and SP said...

I teach HS English while S. will be teaching 1st grade this year. Fun times!
No choice--we pick from the freezer section, unfortunately. But I'm having high hopes this cycle! --cd