Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Memes Galore!

We have been very kindly tagged for the following 2 meme's. And trying not to be the party-poopers that sometimes we can be, here we go. It's only fair...two meme's, two people.

First, tagged by the fabulous Forever Reaching,

What’s On Your Nightstand?

Rules, rules, rules: post what you’ve got on the table (chair, nightstand, whatever) beside your bed. Leave nothing out. Nothing. Heh. Link back to the kind person who tagged you and then tag 3 other folks. Really tag them - none of this “whoever hasn’t done this meme yet” tagging.

We have two tall stools to the sides of our bed. On mine, there are two books, The Big Rumpus by Ayun Halliday and the Pregnancy Countdown Book, yes I like to read one entry each night. There is also a lamp and the control for our electric blanket. Don't yell, we turn it off before I get in...do you know how much a 250 gallon tank of oil costs? $730!

C's bedside stool has a lamp, used tissue, vaseline (she's addicted), tums (for me), the alarm clock and a bbt thermometer (yes, we starting to track her cycles so we can contemplate #2 when the time is right).

Nothing too exciting, I'm kind of a neat nick and pick up pretty often, plus they're small. What this meme has done is gotten me thinking about finding some proper night stands.

And now I put C. at the helm...I did just make her a to-do list so it shouldn't be that hard ;) And maybe it will get her to do it.

We were tagged by the mommies extraordinaire at The Family O.

Here are the rules:

Step 1. Reference back to the blog that sent you.
Step 2. Make a list of 5 things that you have to get done this week, no matter how small.
Step 3. Get 2 other people off their asses to get their shit in order.

Ugh. I hate lists. I know I need them because I always forget the things I have to do, but there's something about someone else writing the list for me (ahem, honey) that irks me. But I know it's for my own good because I don't write my own lists except for groceries (sometimes). So, here it goes, thanks to S. who wrote me a list of things to accomplish this week:

1. Make a copy of our Pontiac Vibe key. It only came with one and that's just tempting fate, especially since the clumsy one of the duo drives it (that would be me).

2. Go to the Depot and make 5 copies of our new door keys. We got new knobs for Valentine's Day from S.'s parents to match the others in our home.

3. Call about car insurance--the rates are finally deregulated in MA so we get to choose from more than just a handful of carriers. Plus we may get a discount for being teacher union members. Whoopie!

4. Call about flood insurance. I won't even get into this one. We live on a brook. We need it. It's an ordeal. Enough said.

5. Get 7 9-volt batteries for smoke detectors so we don't burn the baby down.

Soooooo unexciting. I wish my list had things like "pack for vacation" or "go for a manicure." But no. We are homeowners and this is our sad reality...


Both meme's are being sent to the following:
Two Mom's are Better than One - because they are NOT busy enough ;)

My dear Moho friends - let's send it out of the lesbo-ttc/pregnancy sphere to shake it up! -Not an Ambulance Chaser and this is it




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed everything after C's bbt! How exciting to both be bio mums! I have a feeling that I'll be reading your blog for a very long time. ox

tbean said...

I'm with Mrs. Bluemont. I'm pretty much still stuck on that bbt hanging around your nightstand!!!

Laura said...

Okay okay, I did the memes.