Thursday, November 06, 2008

working mama

Being a working mom is even harder than been a stay-at-home mom and I thought that was hard! It's like having 2 full-time jobs. I'm exhausted. I can't ever imagine having a minute to myself. My god, how will I blog? :) I know it's just a matter of getting used to our new routine. But, whoa.

Actually, the first two days of this week, our babysitter's kid came down with pneumonia, so I had to call C. mid-day to go get him. I couldn't leave on my first day back, right?! Then he went to school with me on Election day when we had Professional Development (aka - no students). So it's only been two days. She says he's been great. 

I love being back in the classroom. It feels good. And I love being reunited at 3pm. It's really the perfect situation. I just need to realize that I'm not going to do as much in the classroom - let it go - I do not need to be teacher of the year! There's no productive early mornings or late afternoons with the little Theo with me. Priorities, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right. So hard, though.

suburban dyke said...

Just blog lurking and saying:

We should try to fight Proposition 8 which takes away rights already granted.
Please consider a boycott of Sundance, Utah and Mormons
http://www.americablog.com/2008/11/why-is-sundance-film-festival-taking.html
or donating money to the Northern California ACLU
http://www.aclunc.org/ .
I am not affiliated with either. I am just trying to make a difference. Thanks.

Amanda Hanzlik said...

how right you are....full-time parenting and full-time teaching - it's totally exhausting - BUT, you will settle into a routine.
and the 3pm reunion is the BEST.
And I am so glad to hear you say that you are going to "let go" a little bit with teaching demands...Aside from the fact that you are a fabulous teacher, you have been doing it so long...you could do it in your sleep. ...you will be fine.

thinking of you.

Heather said...

I'm glad that you are adjusting to your new working mama life. I think that it will only get easier for you as time goes by... Good luck!! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I wanted to go back to work.
That would make it easier. I think wanting to go back to work will make you a better mom than me not wanting to go back, because you'll be happier all-around. I'll be bitter.