Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Transfer the Second

We had Transfer #2 today--both frozen embryos thawed, both were put back. Yikes. Well, it was "yikes" last time and nothing much came of it, so we'll take our chances on yikes.

The lab tech, as she handed us our "certificate" of embryo thaw, said, "and that's it--you've cleaned out the freezer." No more chances. No more embryos (for now). That's that. It feels so--final. But...I had an acupuncture appointment immediately afterward to clear my body of rejection, hopefully, and make the uterus oh-so warm, fuzzy, and welcoming to the embryo guests who will hopefully be settling down for a long term visit.

And now....we wait. You know how it goes. I'm hoping the recent positives out there in lady-land rub off and mean good things for us over here. Everything's crossed on this one.

14 comments:

Laurie said...

Fingers crossed! Stick embies!

Naomi said...

Best wishes!! Sending baby vibes your way!

tbean said...

Everything crossed! I want to be your pregnancy buddy this go round!

Laura said...

Sending wonderful MoHo good luck vibes! I mean, you had the transfer on MOUNTAIN DAY!! That has to count for something, right?

Whozat said...

Fingers crossed here, as well!

S. said...

Laura, I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'll be thinking of you and sending you my best!!!

i found having acupuncture as soon as traveling home from my insem to be amazingly relaxing and refocusing. i hope it did the same for you!

Lo said...

We're hoping hard for you.

Unknown said...

Got everything crossed for you!!!

I do have a question for you since we have a frozen embie too... when do they schedule the beta at your place... how many days after transfer of a 5 day embryo?

Melody said...

Fingers and toes crossed!

Melissa said...

So exciting!! Fingers crossed.

CD and SP said...

To answer the beta question....our embryo is a 3-day, so 11 days after transfer I go in for my test. I guess if you had a 5-day, you'd go in 9 days after transfer.

Anonymous said...

All my love and luck to you darlings. I'm so so hopeful! xo

Anonymous said...

Best of luck!