Monday, February 28, 2011

The one-month challenge

I seriously have not one, not two, but three drafted posts in my editing box right now. What that says to me is that 1.) having a nearly-three-month-old at home and attempting to keep said home vaguely clean is more than vaguely difficult 2.) I have trouble formulating a complete thought, let alone a complete sentence and 3.) I've lost my blogging way. I am making a concerted effort in this, my last month of maternity leave, to be a better blogger by posting something every day left of my leave. Wish me luck.

That being said, do feel like I've got a little groove on here, and I know that as soon as I'm all, "Oh, yeah, I've got this mothering an infant all day thing dowwwwn," BAM! Back to work I go, and we start figuring out our lives anew.

Something I'm very proud of us for doing this past week was going on vacation - twice! - with the boys, once on our annual February trip to Martha's Vineyard, and once to NYC. Both visits were wonderful and surprisingly--not that bad. The worst part was packing. And, in typical second-child-syndrome style, we hardly took any pictures of Max's first trip to the Vineyard or NYC--whereas we snapped it up when we visited these places for the first time with Theo. Ah well.

Here's a few of photos I managed to capture of my big boy and my little boy from vacation.

Breakfast happy face

Hi!

Walking to the beach

Asleep on the beach

Match.box truck on the beach

Totally crazy sculpture/statue/modern art wackiness at the house where we stayed on MV

Putting the size into perspective - it was huge!


4 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Glad to see you back! The boys are too adorable!!

jessie said...

Such beautiful boys!

metalstork said...

hey it's red - love these pics! eagerly awaiting my first martha's and/or nantucket visit. soaking in the beautiful hues, even if they are mostly browns. and btw, the babies are gorgeous...

2 Chicks 1 Hatchling said...

They're adorable!
I feel the same way about getting the hang of things. :)