Sunday, September 10, 2006

i really hate...

...the anniversary of 9/11. i don't want them to say anything about it at school tomorrow. i don't want to watch the news. i don't want anyone to talk to me about it or ask me about what i was doing that day or anything else. i just can't deal with significantly-numbered anniversaries of anything bad, because then it makes me feel old and it makes me feel...just bad. 5. 5 years??!!! what the heck...

i know this has nothing to do with pregnancy or cervixes, but i just had to share it, because..well...i don't know, just because. because the burning stench still lingers in my nostrils if i squeeze my eyes and think hard about it, because the people looking dazed and stumbling up broadway are as good as in front of me, and because i don't live in nyc anymore--i just don't want to talk about it.
--cd

4 comments:

Estelle said...

Then I won't ask you about it. It doesn't mean much to me, but it obviously still troubles you deeply.
On a lighter note, it's cervices ;)

Laura D. said...

I'll never forget finding out what was going on and realizing that I'd seen you off to the subway that could have stopped just below the towers as the planes hit. I cried like a baby when I found out you were safe. It's weird to not be in NYC...it was so low key, today...two neighborhood ladies gave me a red, white, and blue ribbon to hang...that was about it. But I still remember...

Hugs!

CD & SP said...

cervices, yes...like indices. don't tell anyone i'm an english teacher!

beans said...

i am glad you are all ok-i can;t imnagine what it must have been like to be around there at the time things were happening.

hope you had an ok day despite