Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Lights! Smiles! Action!

I'm kind of going into post-withdrawal, so here I am, posting...something.

How is your holiday shopping going? Well, we did something we thought we'd never, ever do--put lights on our front porch! Icicle hanging lights! Ahhhhh! There is a reason, however. We usually put those candles in the window, but with a little baby-toddler running amok around here, and one who is obsessed with lights at that, we were pretty sure they would all be smashed on the floor in a matter of minutes. But we wanted something sparkly and bright on the house. So---we bit the bullet and put the lights up tonight. To my surprise...they actually look really GOOD! We also have a homemade wreath (a Thanksgiving tradition at S.'s mom's house - before dinner wreath making with handpicked greens) with white lights hanging on the porch. We're in all sorts of Christmas spirit around here. Did I mention we also have our tree up? A fakey again this year, a smallish tabletop one. Again, the baby-toddler.

We'll leave you with some picks of our surly boy. You cannot get that kid to crack a smile when you try, but when he's ready to be happy, he's happy.
























At the start of photo session--not so happy!
(This is what we'd call a "typical" Theo look--the kid sure can pout)
























Warming up! (this ended up being our best shot!)


Finally, a genuine giggle and Theo accepts his fate.


7 comments:

Laura said...

He is ALWAYS wearing something that I love...but I know his mommas have great taste! As per usual, I think his surliest faces are the cutest!

Candi said...

Beautiful eyes!!!! wow!

nutella said...

Aww, pouty! Too funny. I'm not sure which is better, when kids learn how to fake smile for a camera or when they just stare at it blankly as if to say "come ON mom, get that thing away from my face".

Lo said...

I love the icicle lights! I'd hang them up if I did that sort of thing....or if I had a house....

And Theo is precious.

amilydiaries said...

he just wanted you guys to work for his smile :]

Naomi said...

These are adorable! I love the hand to the chest photo!

Naomi said...

These are adorable! I love the hand to the chest photo!