Tuesday, November 17, 2009

School Days and Nights

S. just informed me that a picture post "doesn't count" as a post. I thought it was a clever way to get out of saying anything remotely intelligent myself.

We had a family picture taken today at S.'s school. One of the parents is a professional photographer and every year, does a fundraiser for the school's PTO. For $20, we got multiple shots of us with Theo and Theo alone. All the images are put onto a disk for us to do what we please with. I think this is probably our first "official" family portrait! Hopefully some shots turned out decent. Photographing Theo in a formal situation is, um..."challenging." It was an especially cranky afternoon for T., as there were other kids there with giant toy cars and ooooh boy, did Theo's face just light up when he saw them, and then oooooh boy, did he throw a fit when he couldn't have them.....somehow we made it through with at least a handful of good pics, we hope!

We both feel like this is hell week--we have something going on every single day after school. I have conferences until 9 at night tomorrow and Thurs. I'm sorry, but as a high school teacher, I feel resentful that I have three half-days and two 3-hour evenings of conferences. I'm pretty sure we're the only high school left on the planet who does this intense a conference schedule. I would much rather be home with my loves and wearing my ugly, old red sweatpants that S. finds offensive. (Like I care---they are oh-so very fuzzy and comfy!)

S. has just decided I would have been better off posting a picture. HA! That's what you get when you don't let me have my way!


1 comment:

nutella said...

Aww, I like this kind of post, too. I mean, if you can't bitch on your blog, where can you do it?

I agree, that conference schedule sounds rough.