Sunday, July 09, 2006

Plump and Juicy Eggs Here!

I love Dr. K. because he does a play-by-play of all of S's ultrasounds. Today went a little something like this:

"Oh, look at this nice juicy, plump egg here-22 mm! And oh, this uterine stripe! Lookin' nice!"

Since I sort of know what I'm looking at now, I was oohing and ahhhing along with him. He always prints out a picture of S's egg and says, "for the scrapbook." I hope that I can show that picture to my kid one day and say see, this is how you started-a nice juicy, plump little egg!

S. will be taking Prometrium this time around since we suspect she has a short luteal phase. Did you know the warnings on the bottle say NOT to take it if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant? That's reassuring, huh? But of course we ran to the internet to look it up, and it alleviated all our worries. Not that we don't trust Dr. K., but when a drug has a fat red sticker on it saying NOT to take it if you're trying to become pregnant, one hopes you pause a moment to find out what the issue is.

Insems are tomorrow morning and night. I really, really, really hope the liquid nitrogen lasts until 10:00 tomorrow evening. Where do you get liquid nitrogen anyway? A party store? I remember having it at a 5th grade haunted house, so it can't be all that hard to come by!
--CD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»