Tuesday, June 13, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

I've always hated that saying. I really like to get things right the first time and if I don't, I usually quit. It's apparently part of my astrological sign. However, S. is the persistant type, and of course I want this baby to really happen, so we did insem#2. I can't believe it's only been 3 days-it seems like forever, and we still have over a week and a half to find out if S. is really pregnant or not. I'm becoming impatient and short with everyone around me, including S., which I feel really terrible about. It's also getting harder to keep our senses of humor in tact at this point. I know that was the overall goal-besides getting a baby-but the humor in this situation is kind of declining.

One funny thing that did happen during insem#2, though. I had to drive to New Haven, CT and back for a teacher test that morning and was exhausted and hadn't had enough to eat. The second Dr. K. was done with the insem, I thought I was going to puke-it had been painful for S. and hard to watch-and between that and the small, hot room and lack of food, the room started going dark, my ears started ringing, and I felt like I was going to puke. "I am so sorry, but I think I'm going to throw up. Where's the bathroom?" I think I mumbled something along those lines. I dashed to the bathroom, splashed some cold water on my face, breathed deeply, and felt pretty o.k. I was sure S. and Dr. K. were back in the room waiting for me to make hurling sounds. We laughed about it later that night with friends. So, if we can't find trying to get pregnant funny anymore, at least we can laugh at the partner who almost puked!

2 comments:

Sophia said...

waving hi from Rianbow conceptions!

Anonymous said...

HI there,

I just saw your comment on erstellen.blogspot.com/ that you know me from college. No fair. Email me and tell me who you are!

gracebianciardi @ gmail.com

Grace