Monday, March 07, 2011

No Nap Til...

Well I was clearly not up for the challenge. It's okay--with only two weeks left of my maternity leave, I am certainly not going to beat myself up for missing a few posts. It is March--which in New England is known as mud season, pothole season, or, more pleasantly, maple sugaring season. Lately it's also been rain and flooding season. We have a brook at the edge of our backyard, and right now it is roaring. I mean, will carry away my babies in an instant roaring. It's terrifying, but luckily there's still too much snow to play out in the backyard, decreasing the danger of my children being swept away down into the river.

I want to thank you all (a post late-sorry) for suggestions on the pumping issues I'm fearing I will have. I should have also mentioned that my over-supply is not an everyday thing. Max tends to not eat as well when we're traveling and out of our comfort zone and pillows and perch where my posture is perfect with my nursing stool. Then I get oh-so engorged and, a couple of times, have been caught sans pump and in great agony. I've learned my lesson and take either a hand pump or stash my electric in the trunk of the car, just in case.

Next topic I've been obsessing over--sleep. I have a lot to say about this that I won't put down here right now, but let's start with napping. My child doesn't do it. Thoughts? Suggestions? Sympathy?




2 comments:

Mrs. Beer said...

Best of luck with working and pumping! With both of my children, I started off rearing to go with breastfeeding, and ended around the 1 month mark with both. AND I'm a stay-at-home mom. Sad, right? Anyway, I admire anyone who can last longer than I can....!

How old is your child who won't nap??

red said...

hey it's red. i don't have much to offer in the way of naps or pumping, but i love that you have a babbling brook in your back yard. gypsy and i are so looking forward to getting in some rural time out your way and have already purchased our tix for prairie home at tanglewood. maybe a stop in noho is in order!