Thursday, March 10, 2011

Whirlwind

It's kind of felt like a nuts couple of days--Theo randomly threw up, we bought a new mattress--okay, I know that doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but Theo had never puked before, and we've been sleeping on a double bed for the past 7 or 8 years and now we're getting a queen! Oh, luxury...also on the board has been the potential for me to be able to go back only part-time, but it looks like logistically the schedule won't work out in my favor, and definitely won't work out financially, so back to work full-time I go. But you know what? I actually feel ready. It's like, all of a sudden, something clicked and I thought---I can do this, it's okay, and it is time. Max will be in such capable hands, plus be spending all day with his big brother--there's really not a loser here. Our biggest worry is the total and complete wreck our house will become. It's been quite nice having me home keeping things tidy as the week goes on. But we'll manage. We will find a new normal.

Also--postpartum hair loss? Oh my goodness. It's in full-effect. Not cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hair loss is crazy! Clumps and then when it grows back in you've got these random crazy hairs that have mind of their own. I used to have straight hair and now it looks like I've got a perm on one side of my head...oh the joys of pregnancy! Maybe this new pregnancy will change the other side to match the now wavy side!
Sorry Theo got sick...but a Queen size bed, you'll be amazed at the room you have now!