Sunday, October 14, 2007

the best laid plans...

We had an ultrasound and bloodwork done yesterday. It was our first peek into the work of Mixmaster C. We had a total of 14 follicles. 9 on the right ovary (though I'm not totally clear if these are all of a size that will allow harvesting) and 5 on the left (all of which are a good size for potential harvesting and a few small ones that probably won't catch up). I've watched this play out many times before - thanks to your blogs - this does NOT mean they will harvest 14 eggs. Who knows how many will actually mature, but, that said, I'm feeling OK about 14. My body did her job in a satisfactory manner.

I am feeling vaguely sore on the right side and can imagine how this is going to get uncomfortable. We are aiming for HCG shot Monday night and possible Egg Retrieval on Wednesday. This, of course, will be confirmed or changed by the u/s tomorrow morning.

Question - if ER is Wed., what day is a Day 3 transfer? Day 5? Do I count the day of ER as day 1? I will ask the Dr. tomorrow, but I thought with all the experts around here I could start planning my insane work week. Thank goodness first graders bounce back, they are going to be thrown for a loop this week. Thankfully, I planned 'easy' knowing there would be a sub at least twice....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you asked the ER question.. because I am not sure. I would GUESS 3 day would be Saturday and 5 day would be Monday... but that is ONLY a guess :) Let me know what you find out!

I wish you the very best!!!!

aspiring baker said...

Day 3 would be Saturday (I had a retrieval on a Wednesday, and my transfer was on Saturday).

I haven't decided how to count. I figure the eggs fertilize on the day they're retrieved, so that's basically ovulation day, so Thursday is 1 DPO.

Good luck! And don't worry about the quantity; it's quality that counts.

Jennifer said...

Delurking to anser this....Day 1 is the day AFTER the retrieval. So if you do a wednesday retrieval then saturday is day 3 and monday is day 5.

Oops, just noticed the pp said thsi too!

GOOD luck! I've been following this journey with you and have my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good so far! That's my biggest hurdle right now...I just want to know if there will be any follicles in there after I stim.
Still reading, hoping and supporting you both!! :)

None said...

Sounds promising so far. Fingers crossed.

Unknown said...

14 seems like a great start! Way to go!!!

gold star said...

Jennifer answered already...but wanted to wish you huge luck! Can't wait to hear how ER goes.

Enjoy those drugs, girl. I always do. :)

You've gotta take the fun where you can get it.

tbean said...

best of luck this week!

Melissa said...

We will be thinking of you on Wednesday!