Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mixmaster C

So we started our stims nearly a week early. This is great news, actually--now the egg harvesting and implantation won't interfere with S.'s parent conferences. The scary thing is we had to come home from our doc's appt. Monday ready to mix up all the drugs that night--just when I was getting the hang of preparing the Lupr*n shots. Our doc's office does have us do something that is pretty cool--mix all of the stims into one bottle. So, I combine Men*pur with the Lupr*n and G*nal F, then suck it all up into one massive shot. (Is this common? I have no clue.) That's the scariest part: seeing all that liquid streaming into S.'s belly.

She feels good so far--of course, it's only been two nights. She swears she feels her follicles growing. She usually does--and that's when she's only producing two or three! Needless to say, we went out and bought some very stretchy pants for her to wear to work this week. So just call me mixmaster C--I am feeling very accomplished, considering when I first played with a syringe I couldn't figure out how to work the darn thing!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

exciting! We start our stims in about 3 weeks! We start lupron next week!

I have heard of mixing it all in one from other people, but my clinic does not tell me to do that... but I am sure it is all the same!

Faith said...

that's great! i'm excited to hear what happens next!!! good vibes to you two... although no vibes for that big ol' needle - keep it steady, mixmaster c!

Lo said...

Good job, Mixmaster!

Unknown said...

That is a big accomplishment! I'm glad it's going well so far!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I wonder if this is going to be the norm for many of our doctors. I would much rather mix them all up and take them in one shot then poke myself three times a day. My belly is already bruised just from 7 days of Lupron. I can't imagine what it will look like by the time the end of the month rolls around.
Stretchy pants...sounds great!

Melissa said...

That's so exciting! Sounds like everything is falling into place.

Melody said...

Stretchy pants = good idea. She will love you for that.

tbean said...

wow! brave new uncharted territory! good luck!!!!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel so weird? Every time I do the mixing of my menopur I feel very unqualified and feel like it might be against the law somehow. That's great that you can get it all into one shot. The timing thing is awesome, too. As a teacher, I know how crazy and inflexible our jobs can be.