Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pregnant until proven otherwise??

The deed is done. 1 top-grade 8-cell embryo is now busy burrowing into the lining of my uterus. It's possible that I've never gotten this far - embryo inside and all, so it feels good.

It was pretty tough. I'm glad C. came into the OR with me (scrubs on!) and it didn't last too long. I was VERY uncomfortable. Full bladder, Large speculum, Long catheter. I took the Valium, but I have to say, it didn't help much. There is just NO relaxing under these circumstances - at least not for me. Why this isn't done under anesthesia is beyond me. Not to mention, I have a bladder infection from the ER, so peeing afterward was sooo painful. It will all be worth it. The tww is on. Blood test on Nov. 1st.

4 top grade 8 cell embryos were frozen for the future and 2 others are continuing to be cultured until the blast stage and then they will be frozen as well. Everyone, including my Dr. seemed pretty pleased about the whole thing.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry the procedure was so awful :( Congrats on the 4 snow babies! Hope the TWW goes by quickly.

Anonymous said...

I've always been a lurker, but have been reading your blog for the last few months of my ttc ( on the tww now of try #5) but just had to delurk to tell you I am so rooting for you guys!

PS you are so brave! large speculum, full bladder with a uti yikes!

good luck!
one of sprout's future moms

Lo said...

Good luck!! We're crossing everything over here.

Unknown said...

So sorry about the uncomfortable situation... but I so know that it will pay off for you! Hopefully your bladder infection clears up really soon....

Yeah on the 4 frozen... that is so awesome!!!!

Melody said...

Holy crap!! Sounds like all 7 were great embryos! You guys have to be pretty happy. I'm so glad for you. Stick, embryo!

Faith said...

yeah! we're thinking of you up here - i hope the two weeks fly by and i can't wait to hear the next news...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant (though I'm sorry the whole process was so unpleasant and uncomfortable for you). Best of waiting luck!

tbean said...

Fingers crossed for your long-overdue BFP!

gold star said...

Those are such great numbers, you guys. This is going to be it for you!!

LD said...

Okay...I'm going to hold my breath startiiiiiiiing...NOW! You guys totally deserve some happy news, so I will be eagerly awaiting same. By the way, a woman at a bridesmaid dress shop told me all about how to order a dress so that it can be tailored to fit a pregnant belly - but this is gonna happen for you and the baby will be there before the wedding, so we don't even have to worry about that. :)

Unknown said...

wow!! So many good embryos!! Nice work! Lots of luck - for success and for a fast TWW!

Anonymous said...

I am so psyched that you have a little embryo in there right now. How f'ing cool is that? May she stick like glue.

Sorry to hear about your boobs. I feel ya, sister.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Good luck!