Monday, October 22, 2007

Embryo-A-Go-Go Red Sox!

Sorry for the "before and after"-style post title. I just am so excited about many things right now. First and foremost of course is that little white dot on the ultrasound screen that we saw Sunday morning and was, in fact, an actual, fertilized embryo, sitting right there in S.'s uterus. A-ma-zing. For me, it was very comforting that a.) our R.E. did the procedure and also happens to be very pregnant right now and b.) was listening to the Rolling Stones during the procedure. I doubt S. noticed this, as she was far too busy feeling uncomfortable/in pain, but I thought it was a nice touch.

Then there's our Red Sox--off to the World Series again!! Ahh! Red Sox Nation is, for those of you not in the know, an insane group of crazy Boston fans who just love these guys and this team and all the mayhem that ensues when they win. I love baseball, love the Sox, and we'll be sitting in our living room rooting for them Wednesday night. And hopefully the littlest Red Sox fan in the room will be rooting along with us.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girls!!!! Sounds like everything is going your way.... very excited for you two!

LD said...

Yay for fertilized eggs in utero! Boooooo for the Red Sox. Go babies! Go Rockies!

Unknown said...

Go Go Embryo!!

Evillage said...

I'm not sure about the Sox but I sure can root for that embryo!!!!

tbean said...

Go SOX! Go Embryo!! Go Sox!!
(sad transplanted sox fan now living in the mid-atlantic)
happy thoughts for you and your growing embryo!!

Lo said...

Go littlest Red Sox fan!!!!!

Faith said...

yippee! i say whatever to the baseball, but yeahhhhhhhh to the new fan!

Anonymous said...

You guy have to be pregnant so I can send you these Red Sox hand-me-downs Cakie got. I'm not a sports fan much, but I'm not letting my child loose on the streets of New York in a Red Sox shirt. You know, for his own safety. Stick little red sox embryo! Stick!

PS what Stones song was it? That's cool as all get-out.

Liz said...

Just read the updates...yippee!! I'll try and keep up more often with all this fantastic news!

LD said...

Okay...even though I HATE the fact that the Sox won (sorry...most boring world series EVER), I think that it's a good sign for you guys! Fingers still crossed!

Anonymous said...

I agree with ld. The Sox victory is definitely a good omen. We're all rooting for your little embryo in CT.