Friday, November 20, 2009

Time Flies

Well, the crazy week has come to a close, thank gaawwwwwd. We are pooped. Our house is a wreck. There have been diapers in my washing machine since Wednesday (they're clean, though, I swear) and dishes still piled in the sink (but I did run the dishwasher tonight!). We were invited to S.'s parents house to help clean up for Thanksgiving, but instead got sucked into watching the longest move I've seen since one of the "Lord of the Rings" flicks--"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." It was a beautiful movie, but jeesh, 2 hours and 46 minutes? We paused at least 3 times for various break activities (bathrooms, snacks, etc.). Not exactly how I pictured winding down today, but besides my sloppy house, I finally feel some sense of relief. Next week will be easy, only 2 1/2 days for me, 2 for S., then happy holidays with family.

We love Thanksgiving---it's not religiously affiliated, there are no gifts involved, there is food and cooking involved, and it sends a good message. What's not to like?

Plus, as S. pointed out, one gets to start listening to Christmas music and/or watching Christmas flicks. I kind of disagree with her on this, but we have for the past few years done the "let's get up at 4 in the morning and go shopping!" thing. I am proud to say each year we come home a little earlier. I think last year we were in by 7:30 a.m.! Woot! This year will be slightly abbreviated, what with Theo on a more regular sleep schedule. For the life of us, we can't remember what we did with Theo last year when we did our crazy morning dash--was he sleeping in the carrier? Probably. He didn't have quite as precarious a sleep schedule at that time I guess. Or...did we go AT ALL?! Sadly, we cannot remember. The past year has been a bit of a blur. If not for hundreds upon hundreds (must be close to a thousand at least) of pictures and this blog, the year might have been lost!


No comments: